Pet Dental Cleaning in Leonardtown MD
Pet dental care is important for dogs and cats. Keeping your pet's teeth clean can help prevent dental disease, cavities, and infection. By regularly cleaning your pet's teeth at home and by taking your pet to the vet for teeth cleaning services, you can help improve your pet's quality of life and avoid uncomfortable dental problems.
Dog and Cat Teeth Cleaning at Home
There are many things you can do to perform cat and dog teeth cleaning at home! As a pet owner, you'll want to develop a routine that incorporates some or all of the following habits:
- Tooth brushing. Brushing your pet's teeth every day can help remove plaque and food particles.
- Dental chews. Dental chews help remove plaque and freshen breath as your pet chews.
- Water additives. Like mouthwash for pets, water additives loosen plaque and freshen breath as your pet drinks.
Learning to Brush Your Pet's Teeth
Your pet will need to be trained to accept tooth brushing as a part of his or her routine. At Breton Veterinary Hospital, we help coach pet owners on the best ways to train their pets for this activity. We recommend training your pet at a young age.
To brush your pet's teeth, start by allowing your pet to lick toothpaste from your fingers. Then, use your fingers to gently touch your pet's teeth. Once your pet is used to having your fingers in his or her mouth and is also used to the taste of toothpaste, you can try inserting a toothbrush with toothpaste on it into your pet's mouth.
Toothbrush training can be an involved process. We'll answer any questions you might have about the best ways to brush your pet's teeth.
Take Your Pet in for Regular Cat and Dog Dental Cleaning
We encourage pet owners to bring their pets in for regular cat and dog dental cleaning at least once per year. Getting your pet's teeth professionally cleaned can help keep dental disease away. At Breton Veterinary Hospital, we offer the following dental services to pets:
- Dental examinations - We'll check your pet's teeth for signs of dental disease and make recommendations for treatments.
- Dental cleanings - We'll clean your pet's teeth to remove plaque and tartar.
- Cavity fillings - We provide cavity fillings to pets that have cavities.
- Tooth extractions - We extract pet teeth when they become infected and can't be saved.
Contact Your Pet's Veterinarian in Leonardtown for a Dental Appointment Today!
We're your source for cleaning dogs teeth and cleaning cats teeth in Breton Veterinary Hospital. We can help you care for your pet's teeth and identify the signs of dental disease! Whether you're in need of a pet dental examination or pet teeth cleaning, we can help. We serve the communities of Leonardtown, Hollywood, Lexington Park, Callaway, and St. Marys County. To make an appointment for a dental exam or a routine tooth cleaning, Contact us today at (301) 475-7808.